Sunday, September 27, 2009

Only a Flesh Wound

In a desperate attempt to save my falling bread, I seared both of my hands, only to have the entire sheet tray go crashing to the floor. Luckily it's a pretty sturdy bread, so no harm, no foul. And dammit if I wasn't going to have PERFECTLY baked bread after baking my hands, because I was going to make it WORTH the pain.

So if you're a little squemish, I apologize for the following picture. Here's the damage:


This doesn't show the blisters on the fingertips of my pinky, ring, and middle fingers on my right hand, which is making it a little difficult to type. But if you're going to do something, do it right, right?

Blisters and gaping wounds aside, it has been a successful class so far. 97% on my recent test, only because a couple of my pan au lait rolls came a bit unbraided during the proofing process.




Well, shorter blog today, simply because my hands are screaming in protest of this much movement and contact. I'll blog again once all my skin has reattached itself to the appropriate parts of my body.

2 comments:

  1. ouch! i'm so sorry, but the bread looks awesome! next time you're down here, you need to take home a bit of my (my mom's) aloe plant to transplant. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!!! Makes my tiny stab wound from my class this week look like a paper cut! Tkae care of those hands!! And be careful! On another note, your bread looks awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete