Sunday, September 13, 2009

PBK 101 done - on to 111 and bread!

Well, it was a successful first class and perfect final. On to PBK 111, where we learn to work with yeast breads. I'm so excited about this class, but I'm concerned for those people who had difficulty in 101. Surprisingly everyone passed; not sure how that happened. But how are they going to do working with yeast? As Chef put it, it's like having a pet. It's not hard, but it's definitely not easy, and if you kill the yeast it just won't work. There's no middle ground.

All in all I'm very happy with the program. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Also, I'm glad we have the same chef for this second course, because he had already expressed to us more than once how much he loves this module.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. So excited to hear about the next class!! Congratulations on making it through the first hurdle.

    ReplyDelete