Friday, September 10, 2010

Is it weird to have a drink at 6 am, and not be in Vegas?

After a full evening of sourdough breads; cinnamon raisin, honey wheat, white, rye, whole grain, asiago cheese, and sesame breads; foccacia; cibatta; various bagels, pastries, and breakfast sweets; cookies; brownies; and baguettes; I could really use a drink. It's just a little weird that it's 6 am. Do I have a screwdriver or bloody mary, to make it more socially acceptable? Am I really craving a glass of cab sav right now? Or do I just cut to the chase, take two Tylonol PM and call it a night?

The sun's coming up, so that's a nice view from our porch, but our new little beach house is on a lovely road that's perfect for riding your bike, running before work, or walking the dog. Is that really the impression I want to make to the new neighbors? "Good morning! Yes, I am drinking at 6 am in my bathrobe. Enjoy your run before work!"

Maybe I can placate them with a cinnamon roll? Ten bucks says they'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. As a former (and future) night shifter, I disagree. I used to go to a bar at 6:30am after work a lot.

    I say, when I'm on night shift, we both sit on the porch with a bottle of wine and wave at all he early morning runners.

    ReplyDelete