Sunday, September 5, 2010

Never trust a baker!

We're sleep-deprived, foot-sore perfectionists on some sort of combination of caffeine and complex carbohydrates.

It's been nine months, and no, there is no significance to the number of months it's been since I began blogging. I simply underestimated the amount of time school, work, and commuting between the two would take, leaving no time for something as trivial as blogging (that, and the sad realization I only had nine followers).

Here's the gist of what happened: School stayed the same and was fun, slightly challenging, and inspiring. Work continued to spiral out of control, culminating with me doing the job of at least two people, nothing like what I had been hired on to do in the first place, for a manager who couldn't seem to manage her personal life and brought all the emotions and attitude into work with her. After more than five years, I quit. My husband and I swallowed our pride and moved in with my parents for what was supposed to be two months, and ended up being five. I graduated at the top of my class with high honors, a crappy internship, and then landed a great job at a high volume chain bakery. We moved out of my parents' house and into our own little corner of paradise: a turn-of-the-century beach house one block from sunny Southern California's beaches.

So why resume blogging now? A few reasons. Firstly, I have thoughts. Ideas. I'm not sure if they will interest anyone except my parents and my best friend who lives across the country, but for the nine of my loyal followers, this is what's going on. Secondly, I used to be a writer. I miss it. I was good; I even stayed away from descriptive words like "good." I figure it can't hurt to get in a little bit of practice. And finally, sometimes my life is just funny. Weird, strange, sporadic, and funny.

Thanks for reading. Going forward I will assume for every follower I have, there are 50 of you reading and not following. Thanks to all 450 of you.

1 comment:

  1. I still read your blog. I hope you continue to also post your amazing recipes on your other blog. Congratulations on finishing school!

    ReplyDelete