Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I could never keep a diary, either

Why does it seem so hard to keep posting on this damn blog? I think it stems from a combination of laziness and realism: do I really expect to be the next Julie and Julia? Nope. So why bother?



Recently a friend of mine who is a Reki healer was working on some neck pain I've had for the last two months. He suggested, aside from the usual stretches, massage, hydration, etc. that I do something to de-stress myself. Something to collect my thoughts and focus my mind, both before and after my work day. For those of you that know me personally, you know I very rarely am "off;" meaning I'm always busy, always thinking, always planning. I have to read a book before I go to bed to control my mind and make it focus just on one thing in order to fall asleep. Meditation has never been something I could do. Sitting still and not thinking for an extended period of time? Are you kidding??

But maybe a blog is a way to organize my thoughts, a la stream-of-consciousness writing. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a lot going on in my life, because I like to hear what other people are up to. But then I think: I'm going to Paris in two months, I've already become a trainer at my job though I've been there less than six months, I live in one of the best climates in the western hemisphere and consequently visit Disneyland on a regular basis, and have a less-than-average job title. So maybe there is a lot going on. Maybe my pain is stress-related, as well as job-related. Either way, attempting to keep this blog going isn't going to hurt anyone, right?

So here we go. Round three. Let's see how long it will last this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment